By leaving an item with us for repair or sending it, you automatically agree to the Terms and Conditions below.
We do the repairs to the best of our ability using our long experience as a guide, but you have to bear in mind that it is a repair after all and this is the reason you are here. The item cannot be new again.
- Sending items back after repair.
Return postage is paid by the customer. We are willing to arrange the return of an item providing that the item is not heavy (over 5kg) or bulky and difficult to carry. If we do the return procedure, our responsibility extends to the point that we take the item to the shippers and get the receipt from them.
- We use Royal Mail, sign for, service unless differently requested by the customer. Items are insured for £20 but we can increase the amount after customer’s request.
- If an item gets lost, the owner of the item will have to chase the compensation with the shipping company.
- The return address can be on the cover letter (in the package) or emailed to us.
- If the customer requires a particular way of returning the item after repair, that can be arranged after request.
- Sending an item and paying its return postage, is the customer’s responsibility.
Sorry we cannot be liable for:
- items that will not withstand the repair process due to wear and tear (age),
- cleaning and stretching shoes of all kinds,
- some visible side effects due to the repair,
- the whole item, if a part of it has been damaged in the repair process, unless it deems the item unusable,
- any repair, if the owner has been informed about the risks and decided to proceed,
- late collection: Uncollected items for more than 3 months from the day of submission, will be subject to £5 per month charge. Maximum time of repaired items being kept in the shop, is 6 months. After that they will be given to charity.
- return address issues. It is the customer’s responsibility to supply us with the right return address for repaired items.
—– . —–
- Also, when spare parts are needed, the one that fits will be used. If the colour cannot be matched, any colour or shape will be used as long as it solves the problem and the item becomes functional again. We will contact you and explain the situation prior to the repair.
- If you would like a particular part put on or replaced on an item, we are happy to install it if you supply the part.
- We also recommend that if you bring expensive items to us for repair, they should be insured by you.
- Pinning dresses and trousers: We can pin your garment and measure it on you BUT the final decision as to how tight or loose it will be, is yours. We will carry out the alteration exactly as instructed by you.
- Please note that any work we do on items brought to us, will be charged a minimum of £10, whether the repair is successful or not (Assessment Fee).
- If you find our work not to be to your satisfaction, you can bring the item back to our store. We can undo what we have done, providing that it is possible, and give you a refund on the cost of the repair minus £10 which is the Assessment Fee.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions without notice. New Terms & Conditions will be made available in our shop and on our web site.