Click on the ‘Zip Problem Finder’ icon to find a match to your zip issue and get an approximate repair cost.
- We usually mend the zips and only replace 5% of the zips we get.
- If the zip teeth are alright we can mend all other issues.
- Refer to the ‘Price Class’ at the end of the ‘Finder’ table to get an idea of the cost.
- Price includes zip ‘lubrication’.
- See the basic ‘Zip Terms’ below for a better understanding.
‘Zip Terms’ explained
zip or zipper: a series of teeth that interlock and separate as we move the moving part up or down
slider or runner: the moving part of the zip
pull or puller: the top part of the runner that we catch and pull
zip coil: the series of teeth that form a plastic coil, applies to polyester zips only
zip teeth: metal or resin (plastic) teeth chain
stopper: small metal (or plastic) bits that terminate the slider movement
material (cloth): the teeth or zip coil are attached to
open-ended zip: usually found on jackets, you have to join the two sides before you can zip up
insert pin: the metal pin (or plastic) at the lower end of a jacket zip (found on open-ended zips)
insertion box: the metal small box (or plastic) at the lower end of a jacket zip, where the insert pin goes in to before zipping up (found on open-ended zips)
double-ended OR 2-way open-ended zip: a second slider here plays the role of the insertion box. The advantage is that you can un-zip from the lower end of the zip if you want.